The practice benefits cardiovascular and immune health.
Meditation induces relaxation , which increases the compound nitric oxide that causes blood vessels to open up and subsequently, blood pressure to drop. One study, published in 2008 in the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, showed that 40 of 60 high blood pressure patients who started meditating could stop taking their blood pressure medication. Meditation also improves immunity. "I hardly ever get sick anymore," Robinson says. "I don't think I've had a cold since I started this."
Sylvan Learning and the PTA are teaming up to offer free and discounted educational resources for both students and parents. Sylvan is the leading provider of tutoring to students of all ages, grades and skill levels with more than 30 years of experience and nearly 800 centers located throughout North America. Sylvan’s trained and certified teachers provide personal tutoring programs in reading, writing, mathematics, study skills and test-prep for college entrance and state exams. Through this new alliance, PTA members across the country will have access to education experts, resources and services from Sylvan to help children thrive.
* Keep everything CLEAN! Do not get sloppy, your health is worth more than that!
* Ferment in glass, the acidic nature of the liquid wears away metal and even ceramics
* That little pancake is a by-product, not a cause of the fermentation. It just makes things a little quicker
* All of that liquid is usable, always leave a little behind to maintain acidity. This prevents molds and other nasties growing.
* You can leave it outside but it will ferment quickly, the good news is that you will probably drink it all before it starts tasting like vinegar.
* A little vinegar is good for you!
* Don’t touch the pancake, why do people do that? You risk contamination. Let it sink to the bottom when pouring in new tea. It’s safe down there. It will prevent mold growing on the surface!
* CLEAN! ALWAYS!